Obsidian is a popular markdown note-taking application, but when it comes to reordering a numbered list in edit-mode, it can be a hassle. In this article, I will explain a simple and quick solution to rearrange numbered lists in Obsidian without any plugins.
Here’s how you can reorder numbered lists in Obsidian quickly:
- Select the first line of the list you want to rearrange.
- Indent the line using the
- Unindent the line using
- By using this simple trick, Obsidian will automatically reorder your numbered list as desired.
See my screencast below to see it in action:
If you’re looking for more information or alternatives to this method, here are some useful links:
- What is the easiest way to renumber lists? - Help - Obsidian Forum
- Switch to numbered list with right numbers in markdown · Issue #16 · argenos/hotkeysplus-obsidian · GitHub
- Reorder List Items with Keyboard Shorcuts - Feature archive - Obsidian Forum
- How to refresh numbered list? - Help - Obsidian Forum
To Sum It Up
Reordering numbered lists in Obsidian doesn’t have to be difficult. With this simple trick, you can rearrange your lists quickly and easily. Whether you’re in edit-mode for hours or just a few minutes, this hack will save you time and make your note-taking experience smoother ;)